Vestibular Rehab - Vertigo, Dizziness, Balance Rehabilitation
- 20-30% of General population gets affected by Dizziness.
- Dizziness is a result of mismatch between the Balance or Equilibrium Systems in the body.
- Up to 10% of the population gets affected with Vertigo once in lifetime. BPPV is the most common type of Vertigo. BPPV happens due to Calcium crystals that are normally embedded in gel in the inner ear gets dislodged and migrate into one or more of the 3 fluid-filled semicircular canals, where they are not supposed to be. It causes episodes of vertigo, triggered by movement and changes in position. BPPV can beeffectively treated with the Vestibular Therapy at Helios Physiotherapy and Rehab.
- Vertigo and Dizziness is associated with Disability, Depression, Decreased Social Activity, Decreased Self Health ratings and Increased Falls.
- Good balance is often taken for granted. With impaired balance walkingon a gravel or getting out of bed in the middle of the night can be extremely fatiguing and sometimes dangerous. We can help you understand what’s going on when you’re balance system isn’t working in synchrony.
- Vestibular Therapy helps to restore Equilibrium between Systems which helps to minimize or eliminate the symptoms and improve Quality of Life.
- Vestibular Therapy can be billed through insurance.